February 9, 2012
I went ahead and plunked down over $4200 at Nordstrom thanks to the British Airways 36 points per dollar deal. Just two days later, over 150,000 points already show up as pending! Woo hoo! Now, hopefully I can sell some of this junk…
While the contest to Win a Nook continues, you might be interested in buying one for yourself at a huge discount. Frequent reader (and contributor and Nook story writer) SteelSnow tipped me off to this thread on SlickDeals. The basic idea goes like this:
- Buy a coupon worth $30 off at Staples for about $2
- Use the coupon at Staples.com to buy a Nook
- Staples.com is currently offering an instant rebate (in the form of a $20 gift card) for Nook purchases
- Contact Staples to ask for a price match on the Nook you just bought since it is even cheaper at a store called Quill.com.
The total discount varies depending on which Nook you buy, but it is quite good. Of course, you can do even better:
- Go through the Ultimate Rewards Mall to get 4 points per dollar for your purchase.
- Use your Ink Bold for the purchase to get 5 points per dollar!
Make sure to read the Slick Deals post for more information if you’re interested.
Win a Nook!
Reminder: Until Feb 14th, you can win a Barnes & Noble Nook Color simply by adding a comment to our ever growing story. Visit this page to participate!