On May 1st, I published “Ultimate Rewards Mall Awesomeness!” where I showed a number of great deals in the Ultimate Rewards Mall. This post is simply a reminder of those deals. You only have a few days left. Most of the deals are scheduled to end May 31st (this Thursday).
If you log in with your Ink Bold account, you’ll find the following:
- Staples.com at 5X! If you want to get 10X for buying gift cards online, now is the time! (5X from the mall, plus 5X from the Ink Bold’s category bonus). Staples carries a number of gift cards including Starbucks, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, and even Visa.
- Sony at 10X! While my double-dip experiment didn’t pan out (see “Sony 30X only mostly dead”), I have since verified that buying physical gift cards (but not eGift cards) does result in points. So, if you know you have a Sony purchase coming up, but you’re not yet ready to pull the trigger, consider stocking up on gift cards. Beware, though, that when you buy things will gift cards you don’t get automatic extended warranties or purchase protections given by some credit cards.
- Overstock.com at 10X A reader double-dip experiment didn’t pan out, but 10X is pretty good by itself!
- Lenovo at 5X
If you log in with your Freedom card, you’ll find the following:
Sephora at 20X!This 20X deal only lasted about a week.
- QVC at 10X! A reader who goes by carwag25 tried a double dip experiment with QVC, but it didn’t work. No points were given for buying an e-gift card (which was sold by CashStar), but points were given for using the gift card. It is likely that the double dip would work for a physical gift card, but we don’t yet have proof of this.
If you log in with your Sapphire or Sapphire Preferred, you’ll find the following:
- J. Crew at 10X! Mommy Points, you were going to re-test the double-dip on this one. Any luck?
- Ann Taylor at 5X
Since Ultimate Rewards Mall has different deals depending on which card you log in with, Hiker T has been maintaining a web page that makes it easy to see the current rates and to see which card you should log in with. You can see his page here: lakebagger.com/ur/
If you’re new to Frequent Miler, please start here