Happy 4th of July weekend, everyone. This is a short post just to let you know that I’m now officially on vacation. My family of three is headed out to Europe to spend time in France and Switzerland. While I usually work during trips, I don’t plan to do so this time. Instead, I’ve scheduled a number of posts to run while I’m away through July 20th.
Map courtesy of Great Circle Mapper.
Our itinerary is:
- We’ll fly to Paris with the bulk of the route on Lufthansa 1st class. Cost: 67,500 United miles (pre-devaluation rates), plus 16,250 Delta miles to get to Toronto to kick off the flight.
- We’ll spend 5 nights in Paris at the Park Hyatt Vendome (naturally), in a suite. Cost: 33,000 points per night (pre-devaluation rates). And, of course, breakfast will be free thanks to my successful completion of the Hyatt Diamond Trial.
- We’ll take a train (in first class to keep the theme going) from Paris to Switzerland for less than 22,000 Barclay Arrival points per person (after accounting for the 10% point rebate).
- We’ll spend four nights at the Radisson Blu in Lucerne in a premium business class room for 37,500 points per night.
- We’ll spend two nights in Mürren for slightly less than 25,000 Barclay Arrival points per night (after accounting for the 10% point rebate).
- We’ll spend three nights in Zurich at the Park Hyatt, in a suite again. Cost: 33,000 points per night (pre-devaluation rates). And, again, breakfast will be free thanks to my Diamond status.
- We’ll return home again in Lufthansa 1st class (67.5K miles per person) and the final leg in coach on Delta (16,250 miles per person).
I don’t expect to write posts during this time. And, it’s unlikely that I’ll write any trip reports (that’s not really my thing) unless something very interesting happens. However, I might Tweet stuff as I go along if I feel like it.
Anyway, it should be a great trip. I hope you’re having a fantastic summer as well!