When you checkout at Staples.com with $100 or more worth of items in your cart, you should see the option to “Pay with Visa Checkout”. When you click on the tab, you should see an offer for $25 off like this:
The $25 discount is processed immediately. Here’s an example with a $200 Visa card in my cart (with $6.95 in fees):
Here are a few tips to take things further:
- Go through a portal such as uPromise or ShopDiscover for an additional 5% cash back on merchandise (doesn’t work on gift cards anymore).
- Staples e-gift cards won’t work, but all other gift cards available from Staples.com should be fine.
- Even though this offer is intended to by one time only, you can get the offer multiple times by putting your browser in Incognito/Private mode, then checkout as guest, then create a new Visa Checkout account each time. WARNING: There is some risk that Staples will figure out what you are doing and ban you from their site.
- Visa checkout will let you pay with any credit card, not just Visa cards.
- Pay with a Chase Ink card to get 5 points per dollar, or Amex SimplyCash for an additional 5% cash back. This should work because even though the charge is handled by Visa Checkout, the credit card charge will appear as a charge from Staples.
- This deal is not supposed to be compatible with other Staples’ coupons but some have had success applying both (YMMV)
Never miss a Quick Deal. Subscribe here.