Plastiq is a card-based payment service that allows consumers to use credit cards to pay bills where credit cards are not normally accepted. Common examples include rent, mortgage, tuition, etc.
Plastiq usually charges a flat 2.5% fee for this service. That’s already cheaper than most competitors, but for a limited time, Plastiq is offering reduced rates (1.99%) when you pay with American Express or MasterCard.
The only way to get this reduced rate is to sign up for Plastiq via a promotional signup link like this one: plastiq.com/promos/r/FM-1. Once you have signed up for the service using this link, you can browse directly to Plastiq.com to pay bills and you will receive these special rates for as long as the promotion is active.
- To secure these promotional rates, sign up for a new account using this link: plastiq.com/promos/r/FM-1 (or, use a similar link found on another publication)
- If you signed up for Plastiq before this promotion started, you can re-register with a different email address in order to get the promotional rates.
- Once you have signed up for the service using the above link, you can browse directly to Plastiq.com to pay bills and you will receive these special rates for as long as the promotion is active.
- The end date for this promotion has not yet been set. One way to lock in lower rates is to setup recurring payments.
- Plastiq does accept Visa, MasterCard, and Amex gift cards for payment. As with regular credit cards, Visa gift card payments will incur the standard 2.5% fee whereas MasterCard and Amex payments will be charged 1.99%.
- Disclosure: I will earn a $5 referral fee for each person who signs up via the link shown above.
Please see: The Complete guide to Plastiq credit card payments.