Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Quick Deals.
We recently reported a targeted offer for the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card. There is now a public offer on this card with a sign up bonus that includes 100,000 Marriott Rewards for spending $5,000 in the first three months and an additional 7,500 points for adding an authorized user in that time and making a purchase.
- 100,000 Marriott Rewards points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months
- 7,500 bonus points when you add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first 3 months
- $85 Annual Fee NOT waived the first year
- 1 free night at a Category 1-5 every year after your cardmember anniversary
- 5x Marriott; 2x at airlines, rental car agencies, and restaurants; 1x everywhere else
- 15 nights towards elite status; 1 extra night for every $3k in spend
- This card has been subject to the 5/24 rule
Is it worth it?
This is a great offer on this card in comparison to the normal bonus of 80k + 7.5k. Assuming you meet the minimum spend in all non-bonused areas, you would have 112,500 Marriott Rewards points. I recently had a fantastic stay at the Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi. As a Tier 1 Ritz-Carlton property, it costs 30,000 points per night. Since the 5th night is free on award stays, the sign up bonus and spend would put you just 7,500 points short of a 5-night stay at a property like this. There was a Venetian village to wander with restaurants and a large spa. And it was gorgeous:
And that’s just one of many options around the world that would yield a great value from this sign up bonus. I recently reviewed the JW Marriott Phu Quoc — a property where 100,000 points would get you 5 nights.
Following Greg’s well-founded logic on investing in change, this seems like a great time to apply if you were targeted and are under 5/24. This card has been known to be subject to Chase’s 5/24 rule, which means that you are likely to be rejected if you have opened 5 or more new accounts in the past 24 months, including authorized user accounts. This card can be worth keeping for the annual free night, the value of which can certainly exceed the $85 annual fee. More information on this and other great offers can be found on our Best Offers Page.