Chase is out with a new increased offer on the British Airways Visa Signature card: up to 100,000 bonus Avios in the first year for heavy spenders.
The signup bonus is tiered as follows:
- Earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $10,000 total on purchases within the first year from account opening.
- Earn a further 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 total on purchases within the first year from account opening.
Key Card Benefits
- Earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways, Iberia and OpenSkies purchases.
- Earn 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all the rest of life’s little purchases.
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases, you will earn a Travel Together Ticket – good for two years when you redeem Avios for a flight on British Airways. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are approximately $682-$1250 per adult in economy or $1250 in business class based on travel from Seattle to London.
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee is not waived
This offer comes around periodically and provides a decent return on spend if you are focused on earning Avios. We recently published a Complete Guide to Companion Tickets that includes information on redeeming the British Airways Travel Together ticket — which isn’t going to save you the entire cost of a ticket, but may net you a nice discount if you were already contemplating buying a ticket on British Airways. Apart from this card, we rarely see public 100K point offers on airline cards. Still, you would need to consider the opportunity cost of putting $20,000 in spend on this card versus cards that earn bonus categories or towards meeting the minimum spend on other new cards. For an application link and more information on this card and all of the other best offers available, see our Best Offers page.