Starbucks is out with a promotion for Apple iPhone users — Give a $5 Starbucks gift card via iMessage, get a $5 gift card for yourself.
Instructions from Starbucks.com:
- First, download the Starbucks App on your iPhone 5S or above. You must be using iOS 10.2.1 and above to download the app.
- Second, ensure Apple Pay is set up on your phone. If you don’t already have Apple Pay set up, you will be prompted to do so.
- Follow the prompts to select and complete the purchase of a $5 or more Starbucks eGift Card using the app and send the eGift via iMessage
- If you are one of the first 45,000 people during the Promotion Period to complete steps 1-3 above and meet these promotional offer requirements, you will receive a Promotional Gift. YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE A PROMOTIONAL GIFT. You are only eligible to receive one Promotional Gift. Qualifying customers will receive the Promotional Gift via email to the email address associated with their Apple Pay account. Starbucks will not be responsible for any late, lost, misrouted, or non-delivered e-mails, or other computer- or communications-related failures, caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Starbucks.
- Valid 4/10/17 through 4/23/17 at 11:59pm PT or when 45,000 have been redeemed
I am not an Apple user myself, but reports in the related Slickdeals thread indicate that some people have sent a gift card to themselves and received the $5. I did see one tip in the thread — after you buy the gift card, you have to go back into iMessage to send it. Free coffee always comes in handy for me. Hopefully, they will do a similar promotion with Android pay to stack with the $5 back on $5 via Android pay :-).