On the heels of a bit of their briefly exciting and then mostly disappointing promotion with Hertz, SAS is offering bonus miles in conjunction with a couple more travel partners: Avis and Best Western. If you picked up some miles in the Hertz promotion and you’re looking to top off your account, these promotions may be of interest.
Promotion#1: Avis – 2500 miles per rental
Technically, the Hertz promotion was offered on the heels of the Avis promotion — this one apparently started earlier. This is similar to the Hertz promotion, but the terms indicate the minimum rental length is only 24 hours and they stipulate that rentals on consecutive days will not count separately. The way the promotion is advertised, it almost looks like you can stack another 1,000 extra miles on top based on the second paragraph, but after reading the full terms I think the two promotions are an either/or situation. The 2500 bonus points are limited to Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, USA, Canada and New Zealand (i.e. not Mexico/Latin America/South America/Australia). The 1,000 extra points “anywhere in the world” likely refers to earnings in the regions excluded from earning 2500 miles.
- Earn 2500 bonus miles per rental from May through December (see locations in terms)
- Valid for reservations made from February 22nd through April 30, 2017
- Rental pick up must be between May 1st and December 31st, 2017
- Minimum rental period is 24 hours
- Only valid for separate rentals and not valid for rentals with consecutive rental days
- Valid for rentals in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, USA, Canada and New Zealand
- May not be used in conjunction with another coupon/promotion
- Must choose your EuroBonus tier for AWD number
- Must book through this link.
- Read the full terms of this promotion here and visit the promotion page here.
This promotion has some important key terms, but could be lucrative if you find a cheap rental. That said, I only tried a few searches and did not find prices to be competitive with what I could find elsewhere. You will have to search your dates and see how the promotion stack sup against the competition. One sneaky part — the terms indicate that you need to choose your EuroBonus tier from the drop-down menu for AWD. You have to do that on two consecutive screens. See the examples below — that menu is expanded in both screen shots:
H/T: Reader Barry
Promotion #2: Best Western – 1800 miles per stay
Through May 31st, SAS is offering triple the usual 600 mile earnings per Best Western stay completed — for a total of 1800 miles per stay. The terms stipulate that you must book through SAS’s dedicated link and you can only earn the points for 1 room per stay.
- Earn 1800 extra points per stay booked during April and completed by May 31st.
- Must book by April 30th
- Must stay between April 1 and May 31st, 2017.
- Can only earn points for 1 room per stay and the member must be staying in said room
- Must use this link to book.
- See the promotional page here.
While the return per stay isn’t huge, you could get some good value out of the miles — especially if you are already planning a trip to Scandinavia. Loyalty Traveler has the scoop on how 6 Best Western Stays and $65 can get you a $500+ ticket to the Arctic Circle. Ric also has tips for locations where you can find Best Western hotels for less than $50 a night, so it’s worth checking out his article for more information.
H/T: Loyalty Traveler