A reader has reached out (thanks, Sophia!) to share an excellent targeted offer she received: spend $6,000 on her Citi Advantage card(s) between registration and August 31, 2017 to receive American Airlines Gold Status.
- Spend $6,000 on your Citi AAdvantage card(s) from date of enrollment through August 31, 2017 to achieve AAdvantage Gold Status though January 2018
- Cumulative total of $6k in purchases applies if you have more than one Citi AAdvantage card
- Status will automatically take effect within 10-14 days after meeting spend
- All purchases must post on or before August 31, 2017
This looks like a nice and easy offer to grab status if you don’t currently have any with American. While AA’s Gold status isn’t the most rewarding, it provides Oneworld Ruby and normally requires 25,000 EQM’s and $3,000 in EQDs. Being able to get that for spending just $6,000 on a credit card is a pretty sweet deal. Here are the benefits of AA Gold from AA’s site:
- Complimentary auto-requested upgrades on flights 500 miles or less
- 24-hour upgrade window
- 40% elite mileage bonus
- 50% off main cabin extra seats (complimentary at check-in
- Complimentary preferred seats
- 1 free checked bag
If you are a Citi AAdvantage credit card holder, keep your eye out for an email with the subject line “Enroll to earn AAdvantage Gold Status“.
Have you received this — or any other similar offer for status based on credit card spend? Let us know in the comments!