There is a newly public offer out for the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa good for up to 120,000 Marriott Rewards points in the first year. Rather than a typical 3-month window to earn the signup bonus, this one offers the bonus as reward for spend for the first year of cardmembership: 10x on up to $12,000 in purchases in the first year. Greg previously wrote about this offer in comparison to other available offers — see The Marriott 120K Offer [targeted]. Is it any good?. The 80K after $3K spend offer is also still alive. We have added links to both offers on our Best Offers page.
- 10 points per $1 on all purchases within your first year up to $12,000 (good for a total of 120,000 Marriott Rewards points)
Key Card Details
- Free Category 1-5 night certificate each anniversary
- After 1 year or $12K spend (whichever comes first), earn at the following rates:
- 5x Marriott
- 2x tickets purchased directly with airlines and at car rental agencies and restaurants
- 1x everywhere else
- 15 elite credit nights each year
- 1 additional night of elite credit for every $3K spend
- $85 annual fee is waived the first year
Greg analyzed the value of this offer versus the other current offers both for this Marriott card and the SPG cards in depth, so see his post for more on the relative value of this offer versus others. Interestingly, this 120K offer could also be a roundabout way to earn a decent haul of SPG points for those who have had SPG cards in the past and are not eligible for new SPG signup bonuses.
Keep in mind that the personal version of the Marriott Rewards Premier is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule; you will not be approved if you have opened 5 or more new accounts in the past 24 months (most business cards don’t count towards that number — see how to count 5/24 status from your smartphone and Chase business cards don’t add towards your 5/24 count for more info). Also keep in mind that you are not eligible for the bonus if you have received a new signup bonus on the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa in the past 24 months.
For those readers still interested in the 80K offer, which only requires $3,000 in purchases to earn, we have kept a link to that on our Best Offers page while also adding a link to this offer.