Amazon is once again offering a promotion for $30 off of $60 when paying with at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point. This promotion is targeted. I was not targeted this time, but it’s worth checking to see if you are.
- Use at least 1 Membership Rewards point to pay, get $30 off of $60
- Direct link to see if you’re targeted (this is our affiliate link, but remember you can go through JetBlue to earn 3x on your shopping)
- Valid through 11:59pm PT December 31, 2017
- Only valid on items shipped & sold by Amazon (no third-party items, even if fulfilled by Amazon)
- Not valid on digital content
- See this Doctor of Credit post for more terms
This is a nice offer if you’re eligible. Unfortunately, I wasn’t targeted this time — otherwise I would certainly take them up on this one. Keep in mind that you must use at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point to pay ($0.01). It’s not a good deal to use more points than that as you’re only getting 1 cent per point in value (well below our Reasonable Redemption Value of 1.82 cents per point). Note that this promotion is not for paying with Discover or Citi points — only American Express Membership Rewards points. In order to pay with Membership Rewards points, you’ll have to first select a credit card that earns Membership Rewards points so that you can choose to pay with a point. This one is reported to work with both physical and electronic third-party gift cards, so this one should provide a great value to just about anyone.
H/T: Doctor of Credit