A new targeted Amex Offer for Marriott came out a few days ago that we found on most of our cards that earn Membership Rewards: Spend $300 or more, get 4,000 Membership Rewards points. This is a nice offer if you have any upcoming Marriott stays.
- Spend $300 or more at Marriott brands in the US and US territories (includes JW Marriott, Autogrpah Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott, Courtyard, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, TownePlace Suites and Moxy Hotels), get 4,000 Membership Rewards points
- Excludes properties outside of the US and US Territories
- Excludes The Ritz-Carlton, Edition, Bulgari, Marriott Executive Apartments, Marriott Vacation Club, Protea Hotels, and SPG properties
- Excludes retail store purchases
- Terms exclude gift card purchases (though they have worked in the past)
- Expires 2/28/18
This is a nice offer if you have any upcoming Marriott stays. The terms exclude gift card purchases; last year I earned points on gift card purchases through a similar offer, but YMMV as the war on gaming has heated up as of late. While we didn’t quite find this offer on every card that earns Membership Rewards, Greg and I each found it on most of our MR-earning cards — so while targeted, this one should be pretty widely available. According to our Reasonable Redemption Values, four thousand Membership Rewards points are worth somewhere around $72.80 (they could certainly be more or less valuable depending on how you use them), making this a pretty nice rebate on $300 spend – especially when combined with your regular Marriott Rewards earning and any promotions that stack.