American Express is one of the sponsors of NYC Restaurant Week. To celebrate, they’ve launched a new promotion offering 5X Membership Rewards points when using your card at participating restaurants.
- Earn 4X bonus Membership Rewards (for a total of 5 Membership Rewards) on purchases at restaurants that are participating in NYC Restaurant Week 2018.
- Must enroll here before redeeming the offer.
- Limit of 1,000 bonus Membership Rewards per card. As you earn a bonus 4X points, that means you earn a bonus on $250 of spend.
- Valid from January 22, 2018 to February 9, 2018.
- Full list of participating restaurants can be found here.
- Saturdays are excluded, Sundays are optional.
- 3 course lunch for $29 and 3 course dinner for $42.
- Bonus points awarded from this offer won’t be taken into account when calculating the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay Cards.
$29 for a three course lunch in New York City isn’t a bad deal; throwing 5X Membership Rewards points into the mix sweetens the deal. For me, that makes it a slightly better deal than putting the spend on the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3X.
DoC also notes that there’s an even better offer for Dine L.A. week. With that promotion, you get a $10 statement credit when spending $30 at restaurants participating in Dine L.A. between January 12 and January 26 and using an enrolled American Express credit card. The Dine L.A. statement credit appears to be a targeted offer, presumably aimed at people living in or near Los Angeles.
The NYC Restaurant Week promotion on the other hand is open to anyone who wants to enroll and owns a Membership Rewards-earning card.