Amazon and Discover are out with a new promotion offering $10 off your next order when you change your 1-click payment setting to a Discover card. This promotion appears to be targeted, but I was able to force it to show up (even after it initially said I wasn’t targeted) by following the steps below (courtesy of Doctor of Credit).
- Save $10 on your next eligible Amazon.com purchase (on items shipped & sold by Amazon) when you change your 1-click payment method to a Discover card and make your next purchase by March 31st, 2018
- Click here for the promotion landing page to see if you are targeted — but if you weren’t, do the following:
- Log into the Amazon app on your phone (this may also work via the website)
- Make sure your 1-click payment setting is not a Discover card
- Turn off 1-click payments
- Try that link above again (DoC says to refresh the home page in the app. I tried that and didn’t see the ad – but when I opened the link above again, it suddenly gave me the link to change my 1-click setting to Discover).
- Excludes Alexa, Fire, and Kindle products
- Excludes digital products like mp3s and video content
- Excludes gift card purchases
- Credit can only be applied to items shipped & sold by Amazon (no third party sellers, even if “fulfilled by Amazon”)
This is a nice way to save a few bucks on home essentials since the credit can be used pretty broadly at Amazon.com. It only takes a few moments to see if you’re targeted – and if not, the steps above worked for me and I was able to successfully get the $10 credit applied to my account. Don’t forget that you can go through JetBlue for 3x on Amazon purchases if you’re spending more than the $10.
H/T: Doctor of Credit