Kroger currently have a digital coupon you can load to your account which offers 4x fuel points on select travel gift cards.
- Get 4x fuel points when you buy a participating gift card
- Must load digital coupon to account
- Expires March 21, 2018
- Participating brands include Disney Gift, Southwest, Delta, Carnival, Uber, Airbnb, Hyatt, Hotels.com plus Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Attractions and Automotive Specialty Shops.
- Fuel Gift Cards not included
Purchasing $250 of participating gift cards earns you 1,000 Kroger fuel points. 1,000 fuel points saves you $1 per gallon on up to 35 gallons, so if you have a large enough tank (or if you fill up 2+ vehicles), this would effectively save you 14%.
Be sure to pay using a credit card that earns a category bonus at grocery stores; that way your savings can increase to ~20%.
If you’re like me and have a car that only takes ~11 gallons, your savings would only be 4.4%. You might therefore be better off going down other routes to save money with some of these companies (a few of these methods are targeted):
- Pay $90 for a $100 gift card from SVM on eBay = 10% saving
- Amex Offer for $10 statement credit when purchasing a $50 gift card = 20% saving
- Amex Offer for $100 statement credit when spending $500 on World’s Leading Cruise Lines = 20% saving
- $150 statement credit offer on some cards issued by Barclaycard = $150 saving
- Amex Offer for $120 statement credit when spending $600 = 20% saving
- Airbnb & Southwest
- Advance Auto Parts & AutoZone
- Assuming that these stores are classified as ‘Automotive Specialty Shops’, you may be able to load BankAmeriDeals statement credit offers = 10% & 5% savings respectively