Note: American Express is a Frequent Miler advertiser. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure.
|The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express||10K after $1K spend in 3 months|
The Amex EveryDay Credit Card from American Express is a solid choice for those who want a card that earns transferable points and has no annual fee.
The card earns 2 points per dollar at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); and 1 point per dollar everywhere else.
You can do better, though. When you use the card 20 or more times in a billing period, you get 20% more points. In other words, in every billing period in which you use the card 20 or more times, you earn the following points per dollar:
- 2.4 points per dollar at U.S. supermarkets, up to $6K spend per year (then the rate drops to 1.2X)
- 1.2X points per dollar everywhere else.
Those earning rates are very good for a no-fee card that gives you the ability to transfer points to frequent flyer programs. However, you can do much better with cards that have fees, such as The Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card from American Express. Depending upon how much you spend annually, the value of extra points earned with a card that has a fee can easily make up for that annual fee.
Membership Rewards points earned with this card are transferable to many airline programs and can be pooled with points earned on other Membership Rewards cards such as Platinum, Gold, and Green cards. One particularly good use is to pool points with the Business Platinum Card so that you can use points to buy airfare at a value of 2 cents per point.
- The Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- The Blue for Business Credit Card from American Express
- Amex’s powerful new EveryDay cards
- Best credit card combos: Membership Rewards
- Guide to transferable points programs
- Membership Rewards vs. Ultimate Rewards vs. ThankYou Rewards
- SPG vs. Amex, Chase, Citi
- How to keep transferable points alive
|Card / Notes||Bonus / Annual Fee|
| The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express|
Earning rate: 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x);
Noteworthy Perks: Make 20 or more purchases in a billing period and get 20% more points
Points transferrable to many airline programs (unusual feature for no-fee card)
Terms apply. See Rates & Fees
See also: Amex's powerful new EveryDay cards
|10K after $1K spend in 3 months
No annual fee
Recent better offer: 25K after $2K spend (Last reported 3/2016)
FM Mini Review: Great choice for keeping Membership Rewards points alive if you choose to cancel other Membership Rewards earning cards.
Note: Many more excellent credit card offers, along with application tips for each bank, can be found on our Best Credit Card Offers Page.