Note: American Express is a Frequent Miler advertiser. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure.
|The Enhanced Business Platinum® Card from American Express||Up to 75K: 50K after $10K spend + 25K after addtiional $10K spend in 3 months.|
The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN is part of American Express’ line of high-end Platinum cards. As such, it shares a number of valuable benefits with other Amex Platinum cards:
- Up to $200 a year in statement credits for airline incidental fees
- $100 Global Entry fee reimbursement.
- Airport lounge benefits: Priority Pass Select membership, plus free access to Delta SkyClubs, Amex Centurion Lounges, and Airspace Lounges
- Rental car elite status. National Executive status is particularly valuable in my opinion.
- SPG Gold status. Match to Marriott Gold!
- Hilton Gold status. Free breakfast.
- Free Boingo wifi.
The Business Platinum card also has a few unique perks and traits not shared with personal Platinum cards:
- 10 complimentary single flight segment passes for Gogo inflight internet each calendar year (these work on international flights too!)
- 2 cents per point value when you pay with points for select airfare. Specifically, Get a 50% Pay with Points rebate for selected airline, and for business or first class with any airline
- 1.5X points per dollar on purchases of $5000 or more
- Earn cash back automatically from Amex OPEN Savings
- Amex business cards are not shown as accounts on personal credit reports. This is particularly helpful when signing up for Chase credit cards (since Chase frequently denies applications for those who have signed up for 5 or more cards in the past 24 months).
Unlike personal Platinum cards, though, the Business Platinum card does not offer 5X rewards for airfare purchases.
At $450 per year, the Business Platinum card is expensive, but if you value its many perks it can be well worth keeping.
Many other credit and charge cards earn Membership Rewards points which all pool together into a single balance per person. You can find a nearly complete list of Membership Rewards cards here.
It’s also worth noting that the personal Platinum cards are very similar to the Business Platinum card, and they come in quite a few varieties:
- The Platinum Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Morgan Stanley
- The Platinum Card from American Express for Ameriprise Financial
- The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz
- American Express Platinum Card for Schwab
Note that Delta Platinum credit cards are not at all like these Platinum charge cards.
- Your Platinum Card arrived. Here’s what to do next…
- Amex 50% bonus is a (minor) game changer . Here’s why…
- Best credit card combos: Membership Rewards
|Card / Notes||Bonus / Annual Fee|
| The Enhanced Business Platinum® Card from American Express|
Earning rate: 5X flights and prepaid hotels at Amex Travel; 1.5X points per dollar on purchases of $5000 or more; 1X elsewhere
-Up to $200 a year in statement credits for airline incidental fees;
-$100 Global Entry fee reimbursement.
-Airport lounge benefits.
-Rental car elite status.
-SPG Gold status.
-Hilton Gold status
-Free Boingo wifi.
-10 complimentary single flight segment passes for Gogo inflight internet each calendar year
-50% Pay with Points rebate for selected airline, and for business or first class with any airline
Terms & Conditions Apply. See Rates & Fees
See also: Maximizing value from Amex Platinum Cards
|Up to 75K: 50K after $10K spend + 25K after addtiional $10K spend in 3 months.
$450 annual fee
Recent better offer: 150K after $20K Spend (Targeted)
FM Mini Review: The Business Platiinum card offers better benefits than other Amex Platinum cards thanks to the 50% Pay with Points rebate and Gogo In-Flight Wifi
Note: Many more excellent credit card offers, along with application tips for each bank, can be found on our Best Credit Card Offers Page.