Please click the “Featured Offers” tab on the Frequent Miler menu bar to view credit card offers.
|Chase Ink Business Preferred Card||80K after $5K spend in 3 months|
The Ink Business Preferred card has a great signup bonus and is a solid choice for many businesses. The card earns valuable Chase Ultimate Rewards points with excellent category bonuses:
- 3X travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone, and advertising with social media sites (up to $150K spend per year)
The card also offers cell phone protection: Get up to $600 per claim in cell phone protection against covered theft or damage for you and your employees listed on your monthly cell phone bill when you pay it with your Chase Ink Business Preferred credit card.
The card’s 3X rewards for travel, shipping, and advertising are excellent — best in class. But, for internet, cable, and phone you can do better. The no-fee Ink Cash card offers 5X rewards for internet, cable, phone, and office supplies. The Ink Cash also offers 2X for gas and restaurants. I think that for most businesses it makes sense to use both cards. Points earned on the Ink Cash can be transferred to the Ink Business Preferred to make them more valuable.
With the Ink Business Preferred Card, Ultimate Rewards points can be redeemed as follows:
- Cash or merchandise (1 cent per point value)
- Purchase Travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel site (1.25 cents per point value)
- Purchase Travel after moving points to the Chase Sapphire Reserve card (1.5 cents per point value)
- Transferred to a variety of airline and hotel programs (per point value varies from very low to extremely high when points are used this way)
All of the following cards earn Ultimate Rewards points. Those marked with an asterisk are premium cards that allow points to be transferred to select airline and hotel loyalty programs. The others are advertised as cash back cards, but they really earn Ultimate Rewards points. You can move those points to loyalty programs indirectly by moving them first to a premium card and then to an airline or hotel program:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Chase Sapphire Preferred*
- Chase Freedom
- Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Chase Ink Cash
- Chase Ink Business Preferred*
- Chase Ink Plus*
* Premium card. Points can be transferred to select airline and hotel loyalty programs.
- Chase point transfer rules made simple [Infographic]
- Ultimate Rewards 5X Everywhere (almost)
- Membership Rewards vs. Ultimate Rewards vs. ThankYou Rewards. Which is best?
|Card / Notes||Bonus / Annual Fee|
| Chase Ink Business Preferred Card|
Earning rate: 3X travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone, and advertising with social media sites (up to $150K spend per year)
- Points worth 25% more when redeemed for travel
- Cell phone protection against theft or damage
See also: How to sign up for Chase Ink cards
|80K after $5K spend in 3 months
$95 annual fee
This card is known to be subject to Chase's 5/24 rule.
FM Mini Review: Great card for 3X categories. Also consider Chase Ink Cash for its 5X categories
Note: Many more excellent credit card offers, along with application tips for each bank, can be found on our Best Credit Card Offers Page.