Note: American Express is a Frequent Miler advertiser. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure.
|Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express||30K + $50: 30K miles after $1k in the first 3 months + $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase in the first 3 months|
The Gold DeltaSkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express often has a compelling signup bonus, but past the first year I don’t recommend this card for most people.
After the first year those who fly Delta often will probably get more value from the Delta Platinum or Reserve card. If you do not fly Delta often, consider cards with points transferable to airlines (e.g. Amex EveryDay, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex SPG, etc.), or those in which points can be used to pay for travel (e.g. Barclays Arrival Plus, Capital One Venture, etc.), or even cash back cards (Citi Double Cash, Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa, Discover It Miles, etc.).
The personal version of this card is almost identical, but the business card has a few advantages:
- Earn cash back automatically from Amex OPEN Savings
- Amex business cards are not shown as accounts on personal credit reports. This is particularly helpful when signing up for Chase credit cards (since Chase frequently denies applications for those who have signed up for 5 or more cards in the past 24 months).
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve Business Credit Card from American Express
- An Analysis of the Gold Delta Skymiles Credit Card
- An Analysis of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit card
- An Analysis of the Delta Reserve Credit Card
|Card / Notes||Bonus / Annual Fee|
| Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express|
Earning rate: 2X Delta
Noteworthy Perks: Priority boarding, and free checked bags.
Terms & Limitations Apply. See Rates & Fees
See also: An Analysis of the Gold Delta Skymiles Credit Card
|30K + $50: 30K miles after $1k in the first 3 months + $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase in the first 3 months
Annual fee waived first year, then $95
Recent better offer: 60K after $4K spend in 4 months + $50 statement credit after Delta purchase in 1st 4 months (Expired 7-5-17)
FM Mini Review: Priority boarding, and free checked bag make this a good option for Delta flyers who do not have elite status. However, those who can make use of an annual companion certificate would do better with the Delta Platinum card
Note: Many more excellent credit card offers, along with application tips for each bank, can be found on our Best Credit Card Offers Page.