|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
This week, Office Depot/Office Max is offering a $10 instant rebate on the purchase of $50 on select gift cards. Qualifying cards include American Eagle Outfitters, Groupon, Fandango, Catherine’s, or Mastercard. You can mix and match different denominations and types, but most readers will probably be interested in the Mastercard gift cards.
- $10 instant rebate on $50 worth of select gift cards
- Qualifying gift cards include: American Eagle Outfitters, Groupon, Fandango, Catherine’s, or Mastercard
- Discount is automatic at the register
- Limit of 2 rebates per household/business (cashier enforced)
- Offer valid April 2nd through April 15, 2017
According to LaptopTravel, you can purchase a single $200 variable load Mastercard. Therefore the math will look like this:
$206.95 ($200 on variable load Mastercard + $6.95 activation fee)
-20.00 (maximum rebates = 2 x $10)
If you pay using a card that earns 5x like the Chase Ink Plus or Chase Ink Cash, you will earn 935 Ultimate Rewards points. Alternatively, an Amex Simply Cash Plus Business card would earn $9.35 cash back.
LaptopTravel also has another terrific write-up on stacking this offer for maximum return if your cashier will let you ring up a second transaction. Read about it here.
Last updated on April 6th, 2017