|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
In this morning’s portal alerts, we noticed that several stores are offering increased payouts of 10x or more through the United or American airlines shopping portals. Those stores with increased payouts via United would stack well with the new promotion we wrote about this morning to earn up to 1,000 bonus miles through 6/24/18 (See: Up to 1,000 bonus miles w/ United portal bonus).
- Increased payouts of 10x or more today at the following retailers (click the name of each retailer to go to the appropriate portal):
- Link to today’s portal alerts (6/11/18)
Some of these are very good payouts and may be stackable with other offers from each retailer. The Macy’s offer in particular lends itself pretty well to stacking:
- Buy a Macy’s gift card through the Mileage Plus X app
- Use your Macy’s gift card when shopping through the United shopping portal (10x today)
- Get a bonus 100 miles when you spend $50 or more at Macy’s.
- Get a United shopping portal bonus if you spend $150 (500 bonus miles) or $300 (1,000 bonus miles)
For the sake of example, let’s say that you intend to spend $300 at Macy’s today. Let’s further assume that you have the Chase Mileage Plus credit card, which gets you an additional 25% in miles through the MPX app. You would earn:
- 375 miles through the MPX app
- 3,000 miles at 10x through the portal
- 100 bonus miles for spending $50 or more at Macy’s
- 1,000 bonus miles for spending $300 during the current bonus period
That’s a total of 4,475 miles on a $300 purchase, which certainly isn’t bad. Better yet, if you live near an office supply store and you have a Chase Ink Cash or Ink Plus, you could buy gift cards and earn a 5x category bonus at Step 1, earning 1500 Ultimate Rewards points instead of 375 United miles. Of course, another avenue would be to buy discounted Macy’s gift cards online to save money on the front end and forgo buying a gift card through the MPX app.
The additional 100 miles for spending $50 or more at Macy’s is an offer shown on the current summer portal bonus landing page here.
Coach and Nike are also offering 100 bonus miles with a $50 purchase through United, but American’s portal is the one offering much higher payouts at those two retailers.
As always, shop around to be sure that these are the best possible rates for your chosen merchant.