|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Cash back portal BeFrugal is offering 12% cash back on completed Marriott stays. Note that they exclude SPG brands, Ritz-Carlton, Protea hotels, and a few more brands and specific properties, so you’ll want to check the exclusion list before you book. We recently wrote about how some Capital One cardholders can redeem 64,250 points for a $900 Marriott gift card. Stacking that gift card with an offer for 12% cash back would make for a nice way to stretch your Capital One Rewards miles a bit further.
- Get 12% cash back on Marriott stays through the BeFrugal shopping portal
- Direct link to sign up if you’re new to BeFrugal (note that new users whose first BeFrugal transaction is a Marriott stay will earn an extra 3% on up to $200 for a total of 15% cash back on the first $200 and those signing up through our referral link here will earn a bonus $10 once you’ve earned $10 in cash back)
- Excludes all Starwood properties
- Excludes ExecuStay, Ritz Carlton, Edition, BVLGARI, Grand Residences, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Westin Hotels & Resorts, Sheraton, Le Meridien, Tribute Portfolio, Design Hotels, Aloft Hotels, Four Points by Sheraton, Element by Westin, Atlantis Resort, Protea Hotel Aishi Machame, Protea Hotel Amani Beach, Protea Hotel Mbweni Ruins, Riyadh Marriott, Aspen Wye River Conference Center, The Marriott Ranch, Jesse Jones Rotary Conference Center, G.E. Medical Corp. Conference Center, U.S. Postal Service Conference Center.
- No cash back on group-negotiated special rates (e.g. corporate, AAA, government, or Marriott employee rates).
- No cash back on rooms offered at specially negotiated rates for Marriott Rewards members (e.g. Rewards offer discount, Rewards offer package), with the exception of Marriott Reward Member rates.
- No cash back on rooms that are booked or upgraded and paid for using redeemed Marriott Rewards Points.
Take a look at the exclusions before you book to make sure that your preferred rate isn’t excluded. For example, AAA rates or special Marriott Rewards discounts (I assume this to be something like a coupon code for a stay-2-get-one-free type rates) and those booked or upgraded using Marriott Rewards points are all excluded. On the other hand, Marriott Reward Member rates are included.
If your preferred rate / property is included, 12% is as good as we’ve seen at Marriott in recent memory (though this does come around every month or two, so it’s not a one-time opportunity). If you already have an existing reservation, I’d expect you would need to cancel it and re-book through Be Frugal to get cash back.
If you’re new to BeFrugal, you can get an additional 3% on the first $200 spent at Marriott (assuming it is your first completed transaction with BeFrugal) and 12% thereafter. You’ll also earn a bonus $10 after you’ve earned your first $10 in cash back if you use our referral link.
H/T: Doctor of Credit