|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update: A reader has brought to my attention that despite the terms not specifying exclusions, the headline may refer to a specific list of “top deal products”. It is possible that there are unstated exclusions after all. YMMV as it is not clear. (H/T: Reader Anna)
As if on cue after this morning’s post about money and miles you may be missing, shopping portal Retailmenot is today offering 15% cash back on Best Buy purchases up to a max of $70 cashback on a $467 purchase. That is the best rate I think I’ve ever seen at Best Buy and it stacks with a current Amex Offer for Best Buy that’s good for either $30 back on $300 or 3,000 Membership Rewards points back on $300 (see your offer for details). Combined, that’s a return of better than $100 non $467. That’s terrific and should work on everything but gift cards.
- Shopping portal Retailmenot is offering 15% cash back on Best Buy purchases today (likely today only, 11/12/19) up to a max of $70 back (which would be earned with a $467 purchase)
- Direct link to this promotion
- Cash back is earned on the qualifying purchase total after any discounts and before any fees, taxes, or shipping and handling are applied.
- Purchases of gift cards are excluded.
- Rewards earnings up to $70.00. This cash back reward will not exceed $70.00.
- Turn off all ad-blocking software.
- Go directly to bestbuy.com from RetailMeNot to complete your purchase.
- Provide your email address so we know where to send updates.
- Once approved, the cash back reward will be available to be redeemed from your RetailMeNot wallet 44 days from purchase date.
This is about as good a return as one can get at Best Buy and should make for some great deals on rarely-discounted products — whether Apple products, cameras, or other price-restricted items. Don’t forget to also scour open box deals as you can sometimes scoop up a great discount on those which would only get better with these offers. I don’t see anything excluding those deals or anything other than gift cards. I doubt this will last beyond today and wouldn’t even be surprised if it ends before the end of the day as this rate is unheard of for Best Buy. The best rate on CashbackMonitor in the past 15 months was 7% for a single day — the usual rate is about 2% or 1 mile per dollar. It’s worth a look sooner rather than later if you have Best Buy purchases in mind.
If you don’t have the Amex Offer or are buying something you expect to go on sale for more than $30 off the current price, use one of the IHG credit cards to purchase. Those cards still have credit card price protection, which could come in really handy with some of this stuff.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Last updated on November 16th, 2019