|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Amazon.com is offering a targeted promotion for Prime members: get a $15 promotional credit when reloading your Amazon gift card balance with $100 or more if you pay at least in part with Membership Rewards points and use promo code AMEXRELOAD15.
- Get a $15 promotional credit when loading $100 or more to your Amazon gift card balance using promo code AMEXRELOAD15 and choose a Membership Rewards eligible Amex and use at least 1 Membership Rewards point to pay
- Direct link to see if you’re targeted (our affiliate link)
- Must reload $100 or more between March 12th, 2018, and June 30th, 2018, 11:59:59 PM
- The terms state that this must be the first time reloading your Amazon Gift Card Balance and that the offer only applies to the first reload of your Amazon Gift Card Balance
- Promotional credit can only be used on items sold by Amazon (no third-party merchandise, no digital goods)
- See full terms on the promotion page linked above
This one appears to be targeted to those who have never reloaded their Amazon gift card balance before. I honestly can’t remember if I’ve done one of these promotions before or not, but I was eligible for this promotion. It only takes a few seconds to see if you were targeted — if not, I believe you’ll see a message saying “Sorry, you are not eligible for this offer” or something similar when clicking the link above.
If you spend money on Amazon frequently, an extra $15 is a nice little win. The terms state that you have to pay at least a portion in Membership Rewards points. As you only get a value of 1 cent per point (our Reasonable Redemption Value of Membership Rewards points is 1.82c), it would only make sense to use 1 Membership Rewards point and then pay the balance on your credit card.
Amazon regularly runs promotions for reloading an account, though the $15 bonus is higher than usual, which makes it a bit more enticing for those targeted.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Last updated on July 1st, 2018