|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Amex Offer out today for World’s Leading Cruise Lines: Spend $750+, get 15,000 Membership Rewards points. If you value Membership Rewards, that’s a really nice return on a cruise.
- Spend $750+ with World’s Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival, Holland America, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, or Cunard, get 15,000 Membership Rewards points back
- Can book directly through the cruise line or your travel professional
- Excludes on-board purchases, gift cards
- Exludes airfare booked through the cruise line if not booked at the time of reservation
- Excludes other prepaid stuff if not booked at the time of reservation
- Terms indicate you there is a limit of 15,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member
- Must book by 10/15/18
This looks like a great deal since it includes a number of popular cruise lines and specifically says that you are free to book through your own travel professional, meaning that you should be able to stack this with a wide range of offers for extra on-board credit, upgrades, etc. The fact that it includes a range of cruise lines means there is probably something for all tastes when it comes to ships / destinations.
I’m not a cruiser myself, so I can’t speak to the quality of these lines or ships, but if you value Membership Rewards points, this is a very nice return. Our Reasonable Redemption Values pegs Membership Rewards at 1.82 cents each, meaning this offer is worth about $273 – though you can certainly do better with strategic transfers/redemption. Combined with whatever special offers you can find between now and 10/15 that should work out well if you’re looking for a deal on a cruise.
Keep in mind the fact that the terms indicate a limit of 15K points per card member. In the past, this type of offer could be synced to multiple cards and you could split payment to stack up more points if you’re spending multiples of $750. However, with the recent claw back notifications on the Staples offer, I wouldn’t suggest going that route this time around.
As always, we have added this to our database of Current Amex Offers.
Last updated on October 21st, 2018