|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Reader Doug in our Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook group points out that Rakuten is offering 2% / 2x back at GiftCards.com today. This could be a great way to help offset activation fees, particularly if you’re earning Membership Rewards points through Rakuten and you value them more highly than cash back.
- Get 2% back / 2x on GiftCards.com purchases via shopping portal Rakuten
- Direct link to this promotion
For those new to Rakuten:
- If you are new to Rakuten and want to earn Membership Rewards, you’ll want to sign up via this link: www.rakuten.com/american-express. (not an affiliate link)
- If you are new to Rakuten and prefer to earn cash back, you can sign up with our affiliate link with our thanks.
- If you are currently earning cash back and would rather earn Membership Rewards points, you can change your earning preferences.
- Use of coupon/promotional codes not listed on Rakuten may void Cash Back.
GiftCards.com has higher fees than GiftCardMall, and with all of the current Visa and Mastercard gift card deals, it may not be particularly appealing if you’ve got better options. Still, some may still be interested at 2x / 2% back.
I recently placed an order through GiftCards.com for the first time in a long time. When I went online to activate / set a PIN, I realized something I hadn’t previously known: physical VGCs purchased from GiftCards.com are Five Back Visas, meaning that they earn 5% back at a number of merchants.
H/T: Doug in Frequent Miler Insiders
Last updated on November 30th, 2019