There are a couple of (presumably targeted) Amex Offers available on some Delta Amex cards; one is offering 4x bonus Delta SkyMiles on insurance payments and the other offering the same bonus for cable/satellite TV payments.
- Earn 4x additional SkyMiles per dollar spent in one or more eligible transactions when paying your insurance bill.
- Earn 4x additional SkyMiles per dollar spent in one or more eligible transactions when paying your US cable or satellite TV bill online directly with the provider.
- Expires November 30, 2019.
- Limit 1500 miles for each offer.
- Insurance Amex Offer:
- Government-backed insurance policies may be excluded.
- Cable/Satellite TV Amex Offer:
- Offer valid only on US bill payments for cable and satellite television services made directly with the provider.
- Payments must be made directly with the provider online, via mobile app or by phone.
- Payments made at service centers do not qualify.
- Payments for hardware, installation, and other services are excluded, if not bundled and charged with monthly service bill.
- Excludes payments for satellite radio services and subscriptions with streaming television providers.
It’s unusual to see bonus miles/points being offered this way on co-branded Amex cards – usually these types of offers only appear on cards that earn Membership Rewards.
The 4 bonus SkyMiles per dollar spent means you’ll be earning 5x for insurance or cable/satellite payments which is a decent return. The Chase Ink Plus and Ink Cash cards earn 5x/5% on cable payments, but if you don’t have either of those cards then 5x SkyMiles is a good alternative for the next few months.
With regards to the insurance Amex Offer, there’s a separate – also highly targeted – Amex Offer that’s offering 20% back as a statement credit on insurance payments. Needless to say, that’s a far better offer seeing as 20% back in cash is worth significantly more than 4x bonus SkyMiles, unless you hit the jackpot and are targeted for both offers on the same card.
Both of these Amex Offers have a limit of 1,500 miles which means you’ll max them out when spending $375 by November 30, 2019, something that shouldn’t be too hard with either of the offers.
I received both these offers on my Gold Delta SkyMiles personal credit card, but they might be available on the Gold Delta business version and/or the Delta Platinum/Reserve cards too, so be sure to check all Delta cards that you own.