|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There is a new targeted offer available to get 20% back on your cell phone bill (up to $50) with a new Amex Offer that is available on some business cards.
- Get 20% back when you pay your cell phone bill online (up to $50 back) via a new targeted Amex Offer that is available on some business cards (check your account)
- Expires 12/31/19
- Offer valid for payments for wireless cell phone service charges made directly with US wireless cell phone service providers via online, mobile app, or by phone.
- Excludes purchases made with third parties, authorized retailers or re-sellers.
- Purchases for VoIP, hardware (including phones and accessories), equipment, and bundled home/cable services are also excluded.
- Merchants are assigned codes based on what they primarily sell. Your transaction will not qualify if the merchant’s code is not eligible.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Limit of $50 in total statement credits per Card Member.
This is an easy $50 in your pocket if you have the offer as it would be maxed out with $250 in spend and I imagine that most of us will spend $250 with a US wireless service provider between now and December 31, 2019.
The offer does not specify which wireless service providers qualify. I would expect the major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Spring) would qualify. Would Google Fi, Cricket, Boost, Straight Talk, Visible, and other MVNOs qualify? I’m not positive, but I don’t see why not.
Keep in mind that Amex does not offer any cell phone protections, so if you rely on your credit card for cell phone insurance coverage, that’s something to consider.
Overall, this is a good deal that is worth syncing sooner rather that later.
Last updated on January 4th, 2020