|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Amazon is once again offering 20% off your order when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards point up to a maximum discount of $50. This promotion appears to be targeted and you may not be eligible if you participated in the promotion last time. That said, it’s pretty easy to click and see if you’re targeted, and if you are this is a good deal.
- Get 20% off at Amazon when you activate this deal and use at least one Membership Rewards point to pay for your order
- Direct link to this deal (if you’re eligible, you should see a “click to activate” button)
- If you’re not targeted, try following these steps.
- Promotion is valid until 11:59 PT on 07/16/2019, or once $5,000,000 in offers have been redeemed.
- Must use at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point during checkout
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content. (but e-gift cards have worked in the past)
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- See promotion page for full terms
If you haven’t yet linked your Membership Rewards account to be able to pay with points at Amazon, you can start by linking here.
Then you’ll have to see the link under “The Deal” and click the button to activate the deal for your account.
Finally, during the checkout process, be sure to choose your American Express Membership Rewards-earning card for payment and use at least 1 Membership Rewards point to activate the discount. You’ll probably only want to use 1 Membership Rewards point since Amazon offers terribly poor value for Membership Rewards points.
In the past, this deal has worked on gift card purchases apart from Amazon gift cards. Here is a link to gift cards (again, keep in mind tha the discount doesn’t work with Amazon gift cards).
It’s worth noting that it might not be wise to keep your Membership Rewards-earning cards linked to Amazon for the purposes of shopping with points. There have been reports of hacked Amazon accounts over the past year where people have cleaned out a points balance. I assume you would probably be able to work through getting your points back, but easier not to lose them in the first place. It’s probably overly cautious of me, but I’m hesitant to keep external points currencies linked to Amazon.
Update 6/30/19: If you weren’t targeted, try following these steps as they got Stephen targeted.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Last updated on July 20th, 2019