My friend Bill (Racerboy 80) managed to get a photo of The Memo. This is the one that asserts that REDbird loads are now cash only (for more, see: I’m calling it. REDbird is dead bird.)
I realize that the above can be hard to read, so here it is in text:
Tender Accepted Select Reloadable Prepaid Cards
Effective Oct 13 cash is the only tender guests can use to reload select prepaid cards (listed below) in store.
- Prepaid cards falling under this restriction include: REDcard, American Express for Target, Green Dot MasterCard, Green Dot Visa, NetSpend Visa and MyVanilla Visa
- POS will prompt if a payment type cannot be used.
- If applicable, credit or debit cards can be used to pay the card fee.
- Follow POS prompts. If POS displays a message that the tender can only be used for a certain amount or not at all, ask the guest for another form of payment.
- If the guest inquires about the tender restriction, advise: “Target has made the decision to only allow cash reloads for this card. This decision aligns with other retailers who also only accept cash for reloadable prepaid cards.”
- Target policy: refer guests to Target Guest Relations at 1-800-440-0680
- Reloadable prepaid card questions: Refer guest to the card issuer contact information on the back of the card.