Note: American Express is a Frequent Miler advertiser. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure.
American Express has recently been more aggressive with targeting current cardholders for offers. For example, several people have recently been targeted with sign-up and upgrade offers in the “Amex Offer and Benefits” section of the website.
We have received reports of the following offers being available:
- Upgrade various business cards to the Business Platinum and receive 50,000 Membership Rewards points after $10K spend in 5 months
- Sign-up for the Amex SimplyCash Plus business card and earn $1,000 if you spend $10K in the first 3 months or $500 if you spend $5K in the first 3 months.
See If You Are Targeted
To see if you are targeted:
- Login to your American Express account.
- Go to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section for each card under your login. (Each card has its own offers.)
Need to Know
- You are eligible to receive the bonus on the Business Platinum upgrade even if you have had the card before.
- If you have never had the Business Platinum and you upgrade, then you will not be able to get a sign-up bonus for it in the future.
- When upgrading, the annual fee is prorated until the end of the current cardmember year.