Welcome to our weekly list of what’s ending this week as well as a collection of some of the best ongoing deals around.
This week, there are two key deals ending: an easy $20 off an Avis rental, which can be reserved for pick up and drop off by 12/31/2017, but must be reserved this week. Secondly, IHG has a sale both beginning and ending this week for half price resort properties in Mexico and the Caribbean that is worth a look if you’re thinking about going somewhere tropical (valid through Saturday). Without further ado, here are this week’s Last Chance Deals. Those are followed by deals that Won’t Last Long and our Other Limited-time Offers.
Deals in bold were posted this week.
|Last Chance Deals|
Expiring Friday, August 11th
- $20 off Avis rental, no minimum (Reserve by 8/11/17 for travel through 12/31/17)
Expiring Saturday, August 12th
- Half off resort award stays in Mexico & Caribbean / Latin America with IHG: Don’t forget that these hotels became bookable at the reduced rates today and can be reserved for stays through October 27th. At the time of writing. the all-inclusive Holiday Inn Los Cabos is available over Labor Day weekend for 17,500 IHG points per night — a very favorable comparison to the $204 nightly rate that is the cheapest refundable rate listed. This sale could be a good way to get better than 1c per point from IHG.
|Won’t Last Long|
- Increased referral bonuses: Not sure exacty when these will end, so refer friends while you can.
- New IHG PointBreaks Full List: The most popular properties book up quickly. This list went live on Monday, July 31st, but many properties remain available.
- Match to 105K-point IHG Offer: If you have recently applied for the IHG card under an offer worth less than 105K total, you may be able to match it to this excellent offer. This is as good as it gets with IHG, so take advantage while you can.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
- Highest-ever bonus: 40K miles & 10K MQMs: This is the best bonus there has ever been on the Reserve card. If you’re eligible and had it on your radar, this is definitely the bonus to take on this card.
- New 50K offer on Cathay Pacific card: The Asia Miles program is well worth a look. While 50K miles on their own aren’t wildly exciting, the ease of amassing enough for a reasonably-priced round-the-world journey might make this low-hanging fruit particularly attractive.
- New 50K offer, but I don’t recommend applying yet: Now that we know the details of the Prestige card, I think this one could be a consideration for some readers — especially those who are put off by the high spend requirement on the Prestige.
- Citi Prestige 75K link live: The long-awaited increase in signup bonus came this week. Is the card still a keeper? You decide.
- 45K / 18K bonuses on Wyndham Credit Cards
- Virgin Atlantic “90K” offer returns (but it’s really 75K)
- Bye bye Fairmont card. I hardly knew ya…: Not a signup bonus, but this seemed to fit with the credit card category. As of August 15th, the Fairmont card will be no longer and existing users will be product changed. Read on for more detail. (Expires 8/15/17)
- Up to 50,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points for student loan refinance: There is no set expiration date on this offer, but it is likely to be available for a limited time
- 50K easy American Airlines miles – increased Barclaycard Aviator offer: Another limited-time offer without a clear expiration. With only a single purchase and payment of the annual fee (that is to say no minimum spend amount required), this offer is a great deal. AA really seems to be promoting this offer — it was in the in-flight magazine and on the TV monitors on the plane — leading me to believe that this should be around for at least a month. Still, without knowing for sure I would encourage you to take advantage sooner rather than later if this is of interest.
- Up to 75K United miles with targeted MileagePlus Explorer offer
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- Match to Mosaic (Expires 8/14/17)
- Big bonus from Aeroplan: Great use of SPG / Marriott points: (Expired August 21, 2017)
- Registration open for SPG / Ritz / Marriott Q3 Promotions (Registration closes 8/30/17, stay by 9/4/17)
- Marriott promo: 30% off room & food and beverage in Africa and Middle East (Reserve by 8/31/17, stay by 9/9/17)
- Free hotel club membership & chance to win $250 credit: This deal is free and painless and offers the chance for one Frequent Miler reader to win. It’s worth a look. (Expires 8/31/17)
- Business Class to Europe under 47K w/ Flying Blue Promo Awards (Expires 8/31/17)
- 40% transfer bonus to British Airways Avios (Expires 9/17/17)
- Transfer bonus from Citi to Hilton: Even with the bonus, this is one to skip unless you’re topping off your account for an award (Expires 9/20/17)
- 4X additional Membership Rewards for Gas [targeted]: Great deal if you were targeted.
- $30 Amazon Gift Card, Free Friday night with 2 Club Carlson Promos: A couple of good promotions here if you have upcoming stays with Club Carlson properties. One promotion ends 9/4/17 and the other 9/30/17.
- $50 back on $150 at AirBnB [Targeted Amex Offer]: Great offer if you’ve got it, but highly targeted. (Ends 9/8/17)
- Fast-track to A-list [Targeted?]: Must register before flying and complete travel by 9/30/17.
- More than 5K United miles per rental with Hertz [Targeted] Targeted promo ends 9/9/17, open promo ends 9/30/17)
- Amex Offer: $50 back on $200 at HotelStorm: The terms of this offer imply that it is repeatable, so this could be a good way to save $50 on your hotel stays. Just keep in mind that you will probably not receive any elite credits / benefits / points on 3rd party bookings like this. (Expires 10/12/17)
- 11X AA miles spending offer [Targeted]: This offer seems to be targeted around your anniversary date. In my case, if I use it in August, September, and October I will receive this bonus. YMMV – your months may vary.
- New Amex Offers: Marriott, Best Buy, Five Guys, More (Offers begin expiring 9/4/17)
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- Earn 1.5k-5k AA miles for joining Sam’s Club
- Easy $25 with Thank You Preferred [Targeted?]: Register by 8/31/17, purchase by 9/30/17)
- New Amex Offer: Spend $200 at AT&T, get 2K Membership Rewards points up to three times (Expires 8/15/17)
- Kick back with 11,500 Membership Rewards points with new (targeted) Amex Offer (Raymour & Flanigan) (Expires 8/22/17)
- Free Hulu ($50 back on $50) with new Amex Offer [targeted] (Register by 8/23/17)
- Big discounts on Google Express: (Expires 8/31/17)
- $30 or 3,000 points back at Overstock (Expires 9/4/17)
- t Etsy, Hulu, and Amex Travel are set to send 9/30/17)
- Wine for less than $2 a bottle: TopCashBack has stopped paying out on Martha Stewart Wine Co, so your per-bottle price will be a bit higher, but still excellent for wines that readers have reported are pretty good so far. This is definitely a deal to persue. (Expires 9/30/17)
- Save on TV or cell service and Hilton: The Hilton offer expires 10/17/17 and the TV/Internet parts expire 11/15/1
- More Amex 2X merchants (Expires 12/31/17)
Bank Account Bonuses