Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Quick Deals.
Reader Niklas reached out to share an ad he received in his Amazon account, good for a $10 Amazon credit for changing his 1-Click default payment method to an eligible Chase card.
How to get this offer
I went to Amazon.com and logged into my account and automatically saw the offer on the home page:
Here is a direct link to the offer details (our affiliate link):
However, if you don’t appear to be targeted, Doctor of Credit has a list of instructions for getting this offer to pop up even if you don’t automatically see it at Amazon. He suggests you do the following:
- Log into the Amazon app
- If you have 1-Click settings enabled, make sure to first change it to a non-Chase card, then turn 1-Click off
- Keep refreshing the home page until the offer loads. You can also try closing/reopening the app
- Click the offer when you see it and set a Chase card as your 1-click method
Based on the comments at DoC, it seems this method should work, though it may take a few refreshes.
- Promotional credit applies to items shipped and sold by Amazon (no third-party merchandise)
- Excludes digital content, gift cards, etc.
- Must use your Chase card to pay
- Credit must be redeemed by 11:59pm PT on September 30, 2017
This is an easy way to pick up a $10 credit towards items shipped & sold by Amazon. As Amazon sells such a wide range of stuff, it should be easy to find a way to use a free $10 at Amazon for setting a Chase card as your 1-Click payment method. After taking advantage of a promotion like this, I typically turn off 1-Click ordering as these promos come around now and then from other banks as well. I can’t say whether or not having 1-Click settings disabled contributes to being targeted, but since turning 1-Click off seems to work as a way to get targeted for this one I suspect it might.
H/T: Reader Niklas & Doctor of Credit