Welcome to our weekly list of what’s ending this week as well as a collection of some of the best ongoing deals around.
This week, we posted a number of popular limited-time deals that won’t last long — and as a result, you’ll see a longer-than-usual “Won’t Last Long” section below — including flights to Hawaii from cheap to $10-per-month-all-you-can-watch movies, and the last call for a signup bonus worth up to $1,000. In the Last Chance Deals for the week, we’ve got the Wynham credit card offers living on borrowed time, a terrific transfer bonus to Aeroplan, and a timley (for me) offer for points back on furniture. It’s a smorgasbord of deals that is sure to satisfy every palate. Without further ado, here are this week’s Last Chance Deals. Those are followed by deals that Won’t Last Long and our Other Limited-time Offers.
Deals in bold were posted this week.
|Last Chance Deals|
Expiring any minute now
- Act fast if you want the Wyndham credit card offers: Charlie from Running with Miles pointed out that this offer had an expiration date of 8/19/17, but as of very early this morning when I finished typing this up, these offers were still working. They may be dead by time of publication — you’ll have to check our Best Offers page to see. If they are still working, this is a last call.
Expires Monday, August 21st
- Big bonus from Aeroplan: Great use of SPG / Marriott points: As it says, this is a terrific use of SPG/Marriott points as you could redeem for a travel package and turn 90K Starpoints into 162,000 miles PLUS a 7-night stay.
Expires Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Kick back with 11,500 Membership Rewards points with new (targeted) Amex Offer: The Raymour & Flanigan offer for 11,500 Membership Rewards points back on a purchase of $750 or more ends on Tuesday. As fate would have it, I both find myself in the market for some furniture and had completely forgotten that I had this offer available on several cards. Good thing I maintain Last Chance Deals every weekend 🙂
Expires Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Free Hulu ($50 back on $50) with new Amex Offer [targeted] This one was targeted and was later followed by another targeted offer. To take advantage of this first one, you must register by Wednesday and then use up your credit by February. See the post for details.
|Won’t Last Long|
- Nice fares to Hawaii from all over the US & Canada into March 2018: I can’t believe that all of these fares are still available (at least within three or four bucks, anyway). Some of them have gotten even cheaper — like $409 round trip from Toronto to Honolulu through Momondo. If you’re looking for tropical paradise, you’ve found it.
- Business Class to Europe from $1735. Use w/ Delta Amex offer to save more: Again, still alive and one fare (NYC-Zurich) has gotten even better (on AA). Worth a look if you’re interested in paid business class to Europe.
- Awesome: $298 RT New York to Israel: Again, I’m still seeing dates at $149 each way.
- Last call for Merrill+ $1,000 in airfare: Word on the street is that this card will disappear in mid-September. No word as to exactly when — but not much longer to go on this offer.
- Easy moneymaker: Spend $30 at AT&T, earn a profit [Targeted]: I don’t have this one available on any of my cards, so I don’t have a firm expiration date. See the terms of your offer for more detail.
- Surprise: No email, still targeted for 10K per AU: I don’t know when this offer expires, but I was glad that I clicked the link as I never would have known I was targeted otherwise.
- Great deal: Go to the movies every day for $10 a month: This deal might last for a long time, but I’m listing it here this week for anyone who missed it. I can confirm that the app is only showing e-ticketing theaters right now, but there are a number of sites out there claiming to show theater maps. From my experience, this worked at the vast majority of theaters. I’m still waiting on my new card to arrive, but this will be my favorite deal of the year if it works as it did when I had it in 2012-2014.
- Increased referral bonuses: Not sure exactly when these will end, so refer friends while you can.
- New IHG PointBreaks Full List: The most popular properties book up quickly. This list went live on Monday, July 31st, but many properties remain available.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
- Jet Blue all-time high offer of 40K points: Nice offer for JetBlue flyers.
- Highest-ever bonus: 40K miles & 10K MQMs: This is the best bonus there has ever been on the Reserve card. If you’re eligible and had it on your radar, this is definitely the bonus to take on this card.
- New 50K offer on Cathay Pacific card: The Asia Miles program is well worth a look. While 50K miles on their own aren’t wildly exciting, the ease of amassing enough for a reasonably-priced round-the-world journey might make this low-hanging fruit particularly attractive.
- New 50K offer, but I don’t recommend applying yet: Now that we know the details of the Prestige card, I think this one could be a consideration for some readers — especially those who are put off by the high spend requirement on the Prestige.
- Citi Prestige 75K link live: The long-awaited increase in signup bonus came this week. Is the card still a keeper? You decide.
- Virgin Atlantic “90K” offer returns (but it’s really 75K)
- Up to 50,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points for student loan refinance: There is no set expiration date on this offer, but it is likely to be available for a limited time
- 50K easy American Airlines miles – increased Barclaycard Aviator offer: Another limited-time offer without a clear expiration. With only a single purchase and payment of the annual fee (that is to say no minimum spend amount required), this offer is a great deal. AA really seems to be promoting this offer — it was in the in-flight magazine and on the TV monitors on the plane — leading me to believe that this should be around for at least a month. Still, without knowing for sure I would encourage you to take advantage sooner rather than later if this is of interest.
- Up to 75K United miles with targeted MileagePlus Explorer offer
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- Registration open for SPG / Ritz / Marriott Q3 Promotions (Registration closes 8/30/17, stay by 9/4/17)
- Marriott promo: 30% off room & food and beverage in Africa and Middle East (Reserve by 8/31/17, stay by 9/9/17)
- Free hotel club membership & chance to win $250 credit: This deal is free and painless and offers the chance for one Frequent Miler reader to win. It’s worth a look. (Expires 8/31/17)
- Business Class to Europe under 47K w/ Flying Blue Promo Awards (Expires 8/31/17)
- $50 back on $150 at AirBnB [Targeted Amex Offer]: Great offer if you’ve got it, but highly targeted. (Ends 9/8/17)
- 40% transfer bonus to British Airways Avios (Expires 9/17/17)
- Transfer bonus from Citi to Hilton: Even with the bonus, this is one to skip unless you’re topping off your account for an award (Expires 9/20/17)
- 4X additional Membership Rewards for Gas [targeted]: Great deal if you were targeted.
- $30 Amazon Gift Card, Free Friday night with 2 Club Carlson Promos: A couple of good promotions here if you have upcoming stays with Club Carlson properties. One promotion ends 9/4/17 and the other 9/30/17.
- Fast-track to A-list [Targeted?]: Must register before flying and complete travel by 9/30/17.
- More than 5K United miles per rental with Hertz [Targeted] Targeted promo ends 9/9/17, open promo ends 9/30/17)
- $160 back on $800 at Delta [Targeted]: This one has disappeared from the sync, but the offer ends 10/7/17)
- Amex Offer: $50 back on $200 at HotelStorm: The terms of this offer imply that it is repeatable, so this could be a good way to save $50 on your hotel stays. Just keep in mind that you will probably not receive any elite credits / benefits / points on 3rd party bookings like this. (Expires 10/12/17)
- Free night anywhere with 2 stays: You must check out of your second stay no later than 11/1/17 and pay with Masterpass.
- $100 back on $500 at Ritz-Carlton with new Amex Offer (Expires 12/11/17)
- Easy $25 with Thank You Preferred [Targeted?]: Register by 8/31/17, purchase by 9/30/17)
- Big discounts on Google Express: (Expires 8/31/17)
- Not targeted: 10X at Walmart on Freedom & Sapphire cards: Note that a number of readers have reported issues getting Chase Pay to work properly. Still, if you can get it to work, this is an easy 10X on each of your eligible cards. (Expires 8/31/17)
- 11X AA miles spending offer [Targeted]: This offer seems to be targeted around your anniversary date. In my case, if I use it in August, September, and October I will receive this bonus. YMMV – your months may vary.
- New Amex Offers: Marriott, Best Buy, Five Guys, More (Offers begin expiring 9/4/17)
- 20% bonus when transferring Citi Thank You to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (Expires 9/6/17)
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- Earn 1.5k-5k AA miles for joining Sam’s Club
- 3K-5K+ easy Alaska miles, enter to win 150K: The Dash for Miles ends 9/30/17, but the shopping portal bonus ends 8/18/17, so take a look at this one sooner rather than later to max out earnings.
- $30 or 3,000 points back at Overstock (Expires 9/4/17)
- $20 back on $50 at Whole Foods (Expires 9/25/17)
- Chase Amazon promo – free $10 [Targeted] (Credit expires 9/30/17)
- Wine for less than $2 a bottle: TopCashBack has stopped paying out on Martha Stewart Wine Co, so your per-bottle price will be a bit higher, but still excellent for wines that readers have reported are pretty good so far. This is definitely a deal to persue. (Expires 9/30/17)
- Save on TV or cell service and Hilton: The Hilton offer expires 10/17/17 and the TV/Internet parts expire 11/15/1
- The 1800Flowers Amex Offer is Back. Do we care? (Expires 10/31/17)
- More Amex 2X merchants (Expires 12/31/17)
Bank Account Bonuses