The “90,000” mile signup bonus has returned on the Virgin Atlantic Mastercard. We have “90K” in quotation marks because this signup bonus is really only 75K (See: An analysis of the Virgin Atlantic 90K offer for more on that)
- Earn 20,000 Flying Club bonus miles after your first retail purchase
- Earn 50,000 additional Flying Club bonus miles after you spend at least $12,000 in qualifying purchases within 6 months of your account open date
- Earn up to 15,000 additional bonus miles upon anniversary: 7500 bonus miles with $15K annual spend; an additional 7500 miles if annual spend is $25K or more, awarded after your anniversary
- Earn up to 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add 2 authorized users to your card
- Find a link on our Best Offers page.
- Earn 3X on Virgin Atlantic purchases
- Earn 1.5X everywhere else
- Earn 25 tier points toward elite status with every $2500 spent (max of 50 tier points per month)
- $90 annual fee is not waived
Virgin markets this as a 90K signup bonus, but it’s really a 75K signup bonus paired with the 15K annual big spend bonus that exists every year. Remembering that this card earns 1.5X everywhere, you would end up with 127,500 Virgin Atlantic miles after your first anniversary if you spent the full $25K and none of that spend was on Virgin Atlantic purchases. That’s not a bad miles-per-dollar ratio.
These miles are an excellent value for premium-cabin travel on ANA. Furthermore, Virgin Atlantic miles might be a bit more enticing since we can finally book Delta flights online through Virgin Atlantic once again (provided you can find availability). See Book Delta with Virgin Atlantic miles online! (again) for more on that. Finally, these miles could be useful in the Hunt for Virgin Duckies. Just don’t tell Sir Richard that you got there on miles….