There’s a new MGM Resorts Amex Offer which was released yesterday. Here’s more about the offer and how it can be maximized to help you earn status with Hyatt.
- Spend $300+ on room rate and room charges at select MGM Resorts destinations from January 24, 2018 and April 24, 2018 and get $60 / 6,000 Membership Rewards
- Offer valid at Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay , Delano Las Vegas, Park MGM, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, Excalibur, Beau Rivage, Gold Strike Tunica, Borgata and MGM National Harbor.
- Reservations must be made directly through MGM Resorts online at mlife.com, by phone, or via mobile app.
- Excludes all other MGM Resorts destinations.
- Excludes Four Seasons rooms and residences.
This offer seems to be available pretty much year round. If you’re planning a trip to Vegas, it’s a great way to get ~20% off (if you’re able to stick close to the $300 spend requirement.)
Seeing as you can book online at mlife.com, you can book discounted rates at MGM Resorts hotels. For example, a Pyramid Deluxe Queen Room at Luxor Hotel & Casino is pricing out at $306.15 for a five night stay from February 4 to February 9. That’s with Guaranteed Early Check-In (10am) and LUX Late Check Out (3pm) added for $20 each to get over the $300 mark and includes taxes and resort fees.
With the statement credit version of the Amex Offer, your net cost will be $246.15. That puts your net cost per night at $49.23.
The other benefit of MLife is their partnership with World of Hyatt. Once your MLife and Hyatt accounts are linked, you’ll earn World of Hyatt points and elite qualifying nights for stays at MGM Resorts. This can therefore be a lower cost way to help you attain Hyatt status.
Edit 1: The original post had incorrect details about the Luxor stay. When rechecking rates, I was able to find an even lower priced deal which is included above.
Edit 2: There’s another benefit to linking your MLife and Hyatt accounts which is that you can charge meals to your room and earn World of Hyatt points. You can even eat at a different MGM Resorts hotel to where you’re staying and charge it to your room. For example, we ate at the Aria buffet and charged it to our room at The Luxor.