|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Synchrony Bank has increased the offer on the Cathay Pacific Visa Signature card to a total of 60,000 bonus Asia Miles, though it’ll require $10K spend to get the total bonus.
- Earn up to 60,000 bonus Asia Miles for the following spending requirements
- Earn 35,000 bonus miles when you spend $2,500 in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 25,000 bonus miles when you spend an additional $7,500 in the first 12 months
- Find a link to this offer on our Best Offers page
Key Card Details
- $95 annual fee is not waived the first year
- Earn 2X Cathay Pacific
- Earn 1.5X dining
- Earn 1.5X purchases outside of the US
- Earn 1X everywhere else
- Terms state the offer is not available to those who have or have had this card
- Offer expires 6/30/18
This one requires quite a lot of spend to earn the full bonus, though if you value Asia Miles it can certainly be worth it. Greg previously wrote about this card when it launched with a 25K signup offer (See: Should you be inspired to earn 25,000 bonus miles with the Cathay Pacific Visa?). His conclusion was that the 25K offer probably wasn’t worth it, though as he notes the program has some nice sweet spots (See this post from Travel is Free and this one from Points With a Crew for some examples), so it certainly can be worth it to amass some Cathay Pacific miles. This card is particularly attractive if you spend a lot of money outside the US since it offers a bonus category of 1.5x on all purchases outside of the US. Asia Miles is also a transfer partner of Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou points, and SPG, so it’s easy enough to top off an account if you’re a little short for an award.
However, keep in mind that Cathay Pacific Asia Miles expire after 3 years, regardless of activity – so be sure you have a plan for how you’ll use the miles.
As always, we have added a link to this card to our Best Offers page, where you can find the best available public offers on a wide range of cards.