There’s a new Raceway Amex Offer available offering $5 or 500 Membership Rewards when spending $20. One line in the offer’s terms makes it better than other recent gas station Amex Offers – here’s why.
As mentioned above, there are two versions of this Raceway Amex Offer:
- Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $20 or more in-store at RaceWay.
- Get 500 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $20+ in-store at RaceWay.
- Expires May 20, 2018.
- Offer valid for transactions at the pump.
- Not valid on online purchases.
- Excludes Racetrac purchases and any purchases made in New Jersey locations.
There are gas station Amex Offers every so often, but this Raceway one is better than most. For starters, it’s for $5 (or 500 Membership Rewards) on $20 of spend, so it’s a 25% discount. From memory, most other gas station Amex Offers have had the same statement credit / rewards but required $25 of spend.
The other reason this is so good is because the description of the offer states that it’s for in-store purchases at Raceway. That means you should be able to buy gift cards in store and trigger the Amex Offer. The terms also state that it’ll work for transactions at the pump, so you don’t have to go inside to pay for your gas if that’s what you want to use it for.
It’s likely that this Raceway Amex Offer is targeted as they’re only in select states, as far northeast as Virginia and moving south and west until Texas. I won’t be near any Raceway gas stations until October so can’t check what kind of gift cards they carry. Let us know in the comments below if you have any idea how extensive their gift card rack is.