Chase has sent out an email to Hyatt Credit Card holders to offer a bonus 1,000 points when you make a purchase over $2,000 from April 15, 2018 to June 30, 2018. The offer is valid for up to 4 purchases, for a total of 4,000 bonus points. The offer appears to be targeted as it’s a unique link in the email, so keep an eye out for an email with the subject line, “Earn an extra 4,000 bonus points.”
- Earn 1,000 bonus points when you make a purchase over $2,000 from April 15, 2018 to June 30, 2018. Valid on up to 4 eligible purchases.
- No direct link as the link in the email is a one-click registration that is specific to the cardholder
- Must click the link in the email to enroll by 11:59pm Eastern time on June 30, 2018
- A purchase transaction must bill and post to your account in an amount that is equal to or greater than $2,000; for example, purchase transactions with items that ship at different times and bill in amounts less than $2,000 will not qualify for this bonus
- See full terms at the registration link
This makes for an effective earn rate of 1.5x on four purchases of $2K (assuming you don’t go far over). That’s not amazing as you could earn 1.5x everywhere if you’re a Chase Freedom Unlimited holder (or 3x everywhere if you apply now — see: Holy smokes… Chase Freedom Unlimited 3X everywhere first year), and those points can transfer to Hyatt if you have a premium Chase card (Sapphire Reserve, Sapphire Preferred, Ink Business Preferred, Ink Plus).
However, 1.5x Hyatt points isn’t a bad rate of return. According to our Reasonable Redemption Values, Hyatt points are worth about 1.74 cents each when used towards Hyatt stays. That makes the return here somewhere around 2.61%, depending on how you use your Hyatt points. Again, it’s not the best in the business — but not bad if you have some large purchases to make.
Keep your eye out for an email if you’re a cardholder so you can register. It’s not clear from the terms if registration is required before making your purchases, but I’d recommend it.