Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Quick Deals.
Google Express has made it easier to qualify for free shipping. Through June 18th, the minimum order size necessary to qualify for free shipping is $15 from many retailers (though note that some retailers maintain the normal $35 threshold for free shipping). This stacks nicely with a coupon for $10 off of $10+ on your first order and/or the Amex Offer for $20 or 2,000 points back on $60.
- Free shipping minimum at many retailers reduced to $15 through Google Express from now until June 18, 2018
- Varies by retailer (Costco still has a $35 minimum)
- List of retailers excluded from the $15 minimum
It’s great to see the free shipping minimum reduced at retailers like Walmart and Target. It’s further a good way to take advantage of a coupon and/or the current Amex Offer for Google Express. For example, in the order above, you can see that I added ~$16 worth of merchandise to my cart and applied a coupon for $10 off. That brought my order total to $7.41 with tax and it qualified for free shipping. Since the Amex Offer is cumulative, multiple orders would further trigger the $20 back on $60 offer.
That Amex Offer is targeted and some users will see instead an offer for 2,000 Membership Rewards points rather than $20 (a better deal in my opinion since our Reasonable Redemption Value for MR points puts the points at a significantly higher value).
First-time Google Express users have a couple of discount options:
- First time users can save 20% up to a max discount of $20 with coupon code DADS20
- Alternatively, first time users can sign up through a referral link (here’s mine – or use coupon code 6MLN9Q2J9) to save $10 on their first order of $10 or more (though note the $15 minimum to get free shipping)
I applied a $10 code on infant formula from Walmart, though diapers or wipes would have been equally good deals for Baby Rey. Previous Google Express users should check their email as there have been targeted codes going out for 20% off with a max discount of $20. I received a targeted email today with the subject line, “Get 20% off gadgets for dads and grads“.
Whether a new or existing user, this is a great deal to stack with the current Amex Offer if you want to place multiple smaller orders (through various Google Express merchants).
H/T: Doctor of Credit