There’s a new (and presumably targeted) Amex Offer out today offering $50 or 5,000 Membership Rewards back when spending $250 at three of Hilton’s brands – Hilton, Curio Collection and Canopy.
- Spend $250+ on room rate and room charges at Hilton Hotels, Curio Collection & Canopy, get $50 / 5K Membership Rewards points back (see your offer).
- Expires September 5, 2018.
- Enrollment limited.
- Reservations for Hilton Hotels & Resorts must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667. Reservations for Curio – A Collection by Hilton must be made online at curiocollection.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-844-442-8746. Reservations for Canopy by Hilton must be made online at canopybyhilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-844-654-4529.
- Offer only valid at Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton and Canopy by Hilton in the US & US territories.
- Excludes Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
If you’re able to keep your room rate as close to $250 as possible, this Hilton Amex Offer works out to be a ~20% discount on your stay.
While it’s a shame that it’s not valid on all of Hilton’s brands, it’s nice that it includes three of their brands. If you’ve not heard of their Canopy brand, that’s because there are currently only three Canopy properties worldwide, two of which are in the US. From what I can tell, the Canopy brand is being positioned as Hilton’s version of Kimpton.
If you’re curious about trying out a Canopy property, you can get a two night stay at the Canopy in Washington DC Bethesda North for $251.31, so only $201.31 after the statement credit. It looks like it includes breakfast and complimentary beer, wine and spirits in the evenings, so a ~$100 per night rate could be good value, especially seeing as you can earn triple points in July.
This Amex Offer showed up on a few of my Membership Rewards-earning cards, but sadly none of my Hilton cards. Unlike some Amex Offers, there doesn’t appear to a version offering 5,000 Membership Rewards. My cards that normally get the Membership Rewards version rather than the statement credit didn’t get this offer at all, which is what makes me think there’s only a $50 statement credit version of the offer. Let us know in the comments below if you do get a 5,000 Membership Rewards version of this Amex Offer though. Edit: There is in fact a 5,000 Membership Rewards version of the offer.
It’s bolded in the Key Terms above, but be aware that this offer’s only valid on stays in the US and US Territories. I happened to get a statement credit for a similar Amex Offer when paying for a stay at the Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica a year or two ago, but I wouldn’t count on the offer being triggered if you book an overseas stay.