Whole Foods is offering Amazon Prime Members the chance to get $10 to spend at Amazon on Prime Day when you spend $10 or more in-store at Whole Foods. Additionally, from July 14th-17th, those Prime members with the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa can earn 10% back at Whole Foods on up to $400 in purchases.
- Scan your Amazon Prime Code or use your mobile phone number at checkout and make a single purchase of $10 or more in-store at Whole Foods by 7/17/18 and get $10 on Amazon to spend on Prime Day.
- Link to promotion page at Whole Foods
- Link to promotion page at Amazon
- Additionally, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa customers can earn 10% back on up to $400 in purchases at Whole Foods from 7/14/18-7/17/18
- $10 credit will be automatically loaded to your Amazon account on 7/16/18 and be valid from 12:00 a.m. PT Monday, 7/16/2018 to 11:59 p.m. PT Wednesday, 7/18/2018 (you will not see it in your Amazon account prior to 7/16)
- Offer not valid for Amazon Gift Cards, Prime Now transactions, subscriptions, tax, and shipping.
- Must be a Prime member
- Valid once per customer
- See full terms at the Amazon promotion page linked above
If you’re a Whole Foods shopper, you can’t beat an effective $10 back on $10. I read the terms to mean that the $10 credit can not be used on gift cards, but I don’t see a restriction on what type of purchase you need to make at Whole Foods. In theory, I think you could probably buy an Amazon gift card in-store and as long as you scan your Prime Code or provide your linked mobile number, you ought to get your $10 coupon for Prime Day (but double check the terms before you purchase).
While the Amazon terms indicate that you won’t see the promotional credit in your Amazon account before the 16th, the page does say that there is a way to find that you’ve qualified within the Whole Foods app. You may have to hunt around a bit to find it.
I wouldn’t go out of my way to hit up Whole Foods just for this deal, but if you’re going to be shopping at Whole Foods anyway, it’s definitely worth your while to participate as there will surely be good deals coming at Amazon next week.
However, I’d recommend holding off a few days if you’re a Prime member with the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa. That’s because from July 14th-17th, you can earn 10% back at Whole Foods on up to $400 in purchases.
Again, the terms do not state a restriction on purchases. I imagine you could buy $400 in Amazon gift cards and earn 10% back in rewards plus your free $10 prompotional credit. Purchases must be made between Saturday, July 14, 2018 12AM ET and Wednesday, July 18, 2018 3AM ET to qualify for this offer.
I should note that it’s possible that the two promotions don’t stack. The full terms are a little ambiguous. Here’s what it says (bold added for emphasis):
5. Can I combine this deal with other Prime Day promotions?
Other Prime Day promotions at Whole Foods Market may not be eligible to be combined the this offer. To learn about other Prime Day promotions that may not be combined with this offer, please refer to the below offers and how they may affect your 10% Back rewards.
Whole Foods Market special deals and Spend $10 at Whole Foods Market, get $10: In addition to any Prime Week markdowns at Whole Foods Market, including the Spend $10, get $10 offer, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Cardmembers can enjoy 10% Back on the total Whole Foods Market purchase amount charged to their cards.
Whole Foods Market offers made through Prime Now and Amazon.com: Any Whole Foods Market purchase made through Prime Now and Amazon.com will not be eligible for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card 10% Back offer.
So it may not be eligible to be combined with other Prime Day promotions….but then it looks like it says that in addition to the Spend $10 get $10 you can enjoy 10% back. My interpretation is that they stack, but you could always make separate purchases to be sure.
Either way, 10% back on groceries — or whatever else Whole Foods sells — is a deal worth pursuing for those who are eligible.