American Express is offering 3x Membership Rewards when purchasing Synergy Supreme+ premium gas at Exxon or Mobil gas stations.
- Get 3X Membership Rewards Points when you use your eligible card to purchase Synergy Supreme+ premium gasoline at ExxonTM or MobilTM stations.
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires October 10, 2018.
- Offer only valid for select U.S. American Express Card Members with a Card enrolled in the Membership Rewards program.
- Eligible Card Members will receive 2 additional Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on Synergy Supreme+ premium gasoline purchases at the pump only or with the Speedpass+ app at participating Exxon and Mobil stations (must be Speedpass+ enabled) on or prior to 10/10/2018.
- Eligible Card Members must use their enrolled Card at checkout to receive the additional points.
- Card Members who have only a Corporate Card enrolled in the Membership Rewards program or whose Corporate Card is enrolled in the Corporate Membership Rewards program do not have an Eligible Card Account.
- Points will be awarded within 8 to 12 weeks after receipt by American Express of the eligible purchase information.
This is a nice offer for anyone who’d be purchasing Synergy Supreme+ gas in the first place, but a bonus 2x Membership Rewards won’t offset the additional cost compared to the regular gas price at Exxon or Mobil stations.
There’s an Exxon/Mobil Amex Offer that’s giving 10% back on gas purchases through November 30, 2018, so these offers will stack.
If you have an American Express Business Gold Rewards account with gas stations selected as your 3x choice, this offer means you’ll earn a total of 5x Membership Rewards on Synergy Supreme+ fill-ups.
It doesn’t seem like you have to specifically enroll in this offer in the same way as regular Amex Offers. So long as you pay with a credit card that earns Membership Rewards, you should earn the bonus 2x.
The terms state that corporate cards are excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, that refers to a different card setup to any small business American Express cards that you might have. Clicking on the ‘Cards’ tab at the top of the American Express website shows the different types of cards they offer: