|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines, United & Alaska shopping portals are offering up to 2,020 bonus miles when shopping through them over the course of the next week.
- The American Airlines & United shopping portals are offering the following tiered bonuses:
- Make 1 $50+ purchase & earn 500 bonus miles
- Make 2 $50+ purchases & earn 1,000 bonus miles
- Make 3 $50+ purchases & earn 1,500 bonus miles
- Make 4 $50+ purchases & earn 2,000 bonus miles
- The Alaska Airlines shopping portals is offering the following tiered bonuses:
- Make 1 $75+ purchase & earn 500 bonus miles
- Make 2 $75+ purchases & earn 1,000 bonus miles
- Make 3 $75+ purchases & earn 1,500 bonus miles
- Make 4 $75+ purchases & earn 2,000 bonus miles
- Direct link to American Airlines (must register for offer)
- Direct link to United (must register for offer)
- Direct link to Alaska Airlines (must register for offer)
- American Airlines – expires May 18, 2020.
- United – expires May 19, 2020.
- Alaska Airlines – expires May 19, 2020.
- Member must register for the “2020 Bonus Mile Dash” offer via the bonus page in order to be eligible to qualify for a bonus award.
- During the offer, which runs from 5/11/20 through 5/18/20 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 2,020 AAdvantage miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage eShopping mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on the number of individual “qualifying purchases” of $50 or more during the Bonus Period using one of the following Tiers:
- Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for 1 individual qualifying purchase of $50 or more;
- Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for 2 individual qualifying purchases of $50 or more;
- Tier 3 bonus: 1,500 miles for 3 individual qualifying purchases of $50 or more;
- Tier 4 bonus: 2,020 miles for 4 or more individual qualifying purchases of $50 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the AAdvantage eShopping mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShopping account.
- The Tier 4 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded per member.
At the time of writing this post, the landing page for Alaska’s offer is saying that this promo has ended. I think that’s just an error with how they’ve initially set up the promo, so that’ll hopefully be up and running if you’re reading this later on Monday morning.
Note that unlike most airline shopping portal promotions, you have to register for each of these. It’s definitely worth registering though because these can be particularly rewarding, especially if your transactions are all close to the $50/$75 threshold. If you were to spend exactly $50/$75, you’d effectively be earning 10x/6.67x per dollar which is an excellent return, especially if that’s being spent at retailers that normally only offer 1x on spend.
Something else to note is that spending $200 in one transaction sadly doesn’t earn you 2,020 bonus miles. You have to spend $50+/$75+ in separate transactions to earn each additional set of 500 miles (or 520 miles for the fourth transaction).