Flying Blue is the loyalty program of Air France / KLM and through 11/30/19 you can get a 25% transfer bonus when you transfer points to Flying Blue from American Express Membership Rewards.
- Get a 25% transfer bonus when transferring Amex Membership Rewards points to Air France KLM FLying Blue miles now through 11/30/19
- With the bonus, 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,250 Flying Blue miles
- Minimum transfer is 1,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Redeem between 12:00 a.m. MT on October 21st, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. MT on November 30th, 2019 to receive 25% additional Air France KLM Flying Blue Award Miles.
- See your account for full terms
Flying Blue is one of the most easily accessible loyalty programs since it is an Amex transfer partner, Chase transfer partner, Citi transfer partner, and Capital One transfer partner. It is therefore very easy to put together the points for an award ticket. Additionally, the monthly Flying Blue promo awards mean that you can sometimes get from the US to Europe for as few as 10-13K points each way (though not this month). When you figure in a transfer bonus like this, you may find ways to Europe from as little as 8K or 9K points some months. That’s pretty terrific. Business class deals come around from time to time as well, so Flying Blue can certainly be useful (though note that taxes & fees are a consideration — while not very high, neither are they very low).
Flying Blue can also be a good option for booking domestic Delta flights since, like Virgin Atlantic, Flying Blue may show availability on Delta for many fewer miles than whatever Delta is charging. This will highly depend on your situation, but with the transfer bonus you might be able to snag a good deal on domestic flights.
I wouldn’t generally make a speculative transfer, and you should check Flying Blue for award availability and to gauge taxes & fees before making a transfer. However, if you’ve found a good option, this bonus would be handy.
As always, we have added this to our list of current point transfer bonuses.
H/T: Points Express