|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you’re looking to travel to Europe in January or February 2020, this month’s Flying Blue Promo Rewards could potentially get you there in business class for as few as 26,500 miles each way to and from Chicago (varying based on destination). Air France / KLM Flying Blue has released their monthly promo rewards, with several routes between the US and Europe on sale from today through November 30, 2019 for travel between January 1, 2020 to February 29, 2020. While January and February aren’t the most popular times to visit the major tourist cities in Europe, those interested in a European ski vacation or who don’t mind traveling during off-peak season might find some bargains.
- The November 2019 Flying Blue Promo Rewards are out, with this month’s deals including 25% off business class flights between Chicago and Europe. With the sale, prices are available as low as 26,500 miles one-way in business class plus taxes & fees.
- Direct link to Flying Blue Promo Rewards November 2019
- Valid for booking through November 30, 2019
- Valid for travel from January 1, 2019 to February 29, 2020.
- Availability and prices can vary
The following North American cities enjoy disounts for travel between January 1, 2020 and February 29, 2020 with this month’s promo rewards:
- Minneapolis: 25% off KLM economy awards
- Houston: 25% off Air France & KLM economy and premium economy awards
- Vancouver: 25% off Air France premium economy awards
- Mexico City: 25% off Air France & KLM business class awards
- Chicago: 25% off Air France & KLM business class
As this is low season for travel to Europe, I would expect the economy class deals would not represent a great value for your points. However, business class could certainly still present some good value if you can travel through Chicago. For example, business class from Chicago to several cities, including Athens, Budapest, Prague, and Rome (and surely more) rings in at just 26,500 miles each way. Taxes & fees ring in around $200 on the way to Europe and a bit higher on the way back. Again, it’s low season, but that’s a great price given the distance.
This sale could be a great use of the Capital One “miles” current point transfer bonus. Those with Capital One “miles” would be able to transfer 30K Capital One “miles” to Flying Blue in order to have more than 26,500 Flying Blue miles. Getting a business class flight for miles that used to only buy $300 in travel is an excellent deal for those hoarding Capital One miles.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Last updated on November 30th, 2019