Rover.com and American Airlines are offering 2,000 bonus miles when you join Rover and complete your first pet sitter booking. While there aren’t any Current Amex Offers for Rover (the most recent ones expired 12/21), those offers do come around every few months. This may be a good offer to keep in mind should an Amex Offer return. Based on the way the terms are worded, I think you should be able to register now and earn the miles with your first booking over the next couple of years, so you could probably wait for the optimal time in terms of an Amex Offer / stacking opportunity.
- Register with Rover.com, link your American Airlines AAdvantage account, and earn 2,000 bonus AAdvantage miles when you complete your first pet-sitting booking
- Direct link to this promotion
- Offer is valid for American Airlines AAdvantage® members who register with their AAdvantage® account number through the promotion portal at rover.com/aadvantage and rover.com/aadvantage2 between January 1, 2019 and December 3, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
- Upon registration, new Rover.com users will earn 2,000 AAdvantage® miles on their first Rover transaction completed during the Promotion Period. Thereafter, they will earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on Rover transactions completed.
- Existing Rover customers may register through the promotion portal to earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent with Rover for services completed during the Promotion Period.
- All participants must have or obtain an American Airlines AAdvantage® account before registering for the promotion, and must use their AAdvantage® number at time of registration.
The “promotion period” is defined as January 1, 2019 to December 3, 2021. Since the terms state that new Rover.com users will earn 2,000 AAdvantage miles on their first Rover transaction completed during the promotion period, I assume you should be able to sign up now and wait for the next Amex Offer or other stacking opportunity to come around — you’ve got almost 3 years to complete a booking as I read it, so I don’t see any harm in registering now.
This offer would only be appealing for those who actually need pet-sitting services, but those who do might as well pick up a couple thousand miles. Our own Stephen Pepper has used Rover and has mentioned positive experiences with it.
Note that existing customers will only receive 1 mile per dollar spent, but you might as well link your accounts and pick up every mile you can.
H/T: Doctor of Credit