American Airlines is offering a link for $40 back on a booking of $80 or more at Booking.com. This offer has no listed expiration date that I can see, so I’m not sure how long it will be around, but it could be a good way to save a few bucks.
- $40 back on $80 or more at Booking.com
- No exclusion for existing accounts
- To obtain the reward as a credit to their credit card, the Participant has, within a reasonable time after the stay, either created a user account and saved a valid credit card in the account settings or provided a valid credit card on the provided digital form. American Express is not currently an accepted credit card.
- Booking.com will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Participant, per campaign to count for an Incentive Bonus. Participants may only receive Incentive Bonuses from a maximum of 3 different campaigns per year, including Refer-a-Friend campaigns.
- Valid one time only per user.
- Not available for residents of Hawaii or New Mexico (thanks Gary K)
This promotion is very simple — just go to aa.com and click on the link under “news and offers” as pictured at the top of this post. That’s it — at some point after you make your stay, you should get $40 refunded back to your credit card (note that the terms state that you can not pay via American Express — I assume Booking.com does not accept Amex). Once you click through AA.com, you should see the green banner shown in the screenshot below confirming that you’ll get $40 back with a minimum booking cost of $80.
While I generally prefer to book direct in order to ensure that I get benefits like free wi-fi, elite credit/points, breakfast, etc, there are surely situations in which the $40 rebate might outweigh those benefits. I find Booking.com to be most useful when looking for guesthouses or accommodations in areas without many chain properties.
As The Deal Mommy points out, this promotion appears to “stack” with a refer-a-friend bonus in the sense that you can sign up via a referral link in order to get $25 back on your first booking of $50 or more and then use this $40 back on $80 link. If you have two bookings to make (or two back-to-back nights and don’t mind making them on separate reservations in the hopes that the hotel will combine them on arrival), you could save $65. Keep in mind that the terms state you can only receive incentive bonuses from a maximum of three campaigns per year — including the refer-a-friend bonus. This means that if you are referred and then you also use the $40 back on $80, you will only be able to take advantage of one more incentive bonus from Booking.com this year.
If you only have one night to book, you’ll definitely want to book the $40 back on $80 offer. If you’ve got two or more nights to book and you would like a referral, you can feel free to use my referral link with my thanks or check the comments for referral links from other readers. Regardless, this is a nice promotion from American to save you a few dollars.
H/t: The Deal Mommy
Last updated on August 15th, 2018