Chase has sent emails to some Sapphire and Freedom cardholders offering a bonus of 500 Ultimate Rewards points after using tap-to-pay 3 times between August 20, 2020 and September 30, 2020. Each transaction has to be a minimum of $1.75, but I could see this being worth doing if you are going to make a couple of small purchases anyway. Note that no registration is required, but this seems to be targeted – so keep an eye out for the email.
- Chase is offering select Sapphire and Freedom cardholders the opportunity to earn 500 bonus Ultimate Rewards points after using their card via tap-to-pay three times between August 20th and September 30, 2020
- No direct link. Keep an eye out for an email with the subject line: [Name], earn 500 bonus points
- Must complete 3 contactless / tap-to-pay payments between August 20th-September 30th to receive 500 total bonus points
- Targeted. No registration required
- Each purchase must be a minimum of $1.75
Like I said, this could be useful if you make a small purchase now and then anyway. I’ll inevitably end up popping into a gas station to grab a drink or picking up a coffee somewhere or just forget something at the grocery store and need to run back in. If I didn’t think I’d naturally use tap-to-pay 3 times in the next month or so, I’d try to keep it in mind for those types of transactions.
The bonus here of just 500 points makes this one not worth going way out of your way to trigger, but I’m happy to grab 500 points for relatively low effort.
Note that the screen shot above is the email my wife received on her Chase Sapphire Reserve account. Neither of us received this promo via email on our Freedom / Freedom Unlimited cards, though Doctor of Credit reported that some Freedom/Freedom Unlimited cardholders also received the same offer. This offer seems to come around now and then, so it’s worth keeping an eye out for future similar offers.
H/T: Doctor of Credit